Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wandering Wednesday

Errand day again.  Went to Penzay's to pick up some spices, etc.  I LOVE that store!  One of my new favorites is the dried celery.  I don't use enough in cooking to make it worthwhile to buy fresh - always goes bad.  This stuff is dehydrated and puffs back up when put in liquids.  I like the flavor much better than using celery seed.  And a little goes a long way.  Ask me how I know.  lol  Picked up more fresh eggs from my girlfriend.  It has warmed up enough that they have started laying again.  You get spoiled real quick with fresh eggs.  The ones in the store pale (literally) by comparison.  Faded out yolks and whimpy flavor.  

I will tackle part three of the "great sewing room cleanup" tomorrow.  I will sort thru the stuff on the shelves and get rid of what I will probably never use.  If I haven't used it in 20 years, I probably will never use it, you think??????  Sis has expressed an interest in my gingham (which was gifted to me by a friend who's sister used to make square dance outfits), so will box that up for her.  I need more shelf space and the only way I will get it is to get rid of some stuff I don't use.  Real estate is too valuable in there! 

A new book came in the mail today.  "Colour Confidence in Embroidery" by Trish Burr.  Mary Corbet reviewed it on her blog last month - http://www.needlenthread.com/2011/12/colour-confidence-in-embroidery-book-review.html .  Sounded like just the thing to finally teach me about color.  Haven't gotten too far into it yet, but so far I really like it.  If you like embroidery, Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread blog is a must-visit.

I must apologize to those who have left comments on some of my blogs.  I have it set up so they have to be approved, and I forgot where to go to find pending comments.  My bad.  I will be more prompt from now on.  :)

No comments: