Finished!! I made two of these for a friend for her twin granddaughters. They were "vintage" kits stamped 1985. They used DMC thread and some heavy, candle-wicking type thread. Lots and lots of satin stitch and french knots. The heavier thread was very hard to pull through the fabric. The first one, I saved all the french knots for last. This time, I did them flower by flower. Much easier on my hands spread out that way. I don't normally like to do more than one of anything, but she is a very special friend. Now on to my own embroidery and quilting projects!
The house is finished, as far as the major construction goes. Yesterday he installed the security door on the back door, so now we have some great cross-ventilation. And the cats love looking out in the back yard. Still small things like hanging towel racks, installing door knobs, light covers, under cabinet lighting. Stuff Cowboy can do. :) He (the contractor) will install my design wall in my sewing room next time he is down. No more excuses for not unpacking all the boxes and putting everything away. I am sure I will find more stuff to donate to Good Will while I am unpacking. I surely do love my new house!