Sunday, January 26, 2014

More Progress Made

I've stitched a couple more days on this but haven't posted an update.  Life has gotten in the way of me stitching every day, so I haven't gotten as far as I would have liked to by now.  I really need to get my stand out so I have two hands free to do the candlewicking knots.  Went to dig it out and I'm missing a bolt so I guess I will have to go to Lowe's tomorrow for another one.  Sigh.  That requires me getting showered, shampooed and dressed for one lousy bolt.   So, anyway, here is my progress as of a few minutes ago.
Can you see the flowers to the left that are still dark?  Need to still do them, plus finish the candlewick outline dots, then do candlewicking in the centers of all the flowers.  I've done some of the knots around "Our Home" and they go quickly.  I want to finish this one and the other one just like it before the Olympics start.  I have a needlepoint project I want to work on while watching the Olympics - Laura J Perin's "Christmas Tree 2011".  Plus, I have decided to do the blackwork project on Elizabeth Almond's Blackwork Journey blog "Save the Stitches".  I have all the materials for both projects so should be good to go.  I do love the Olympics!  :)


No comments: